Wednesday 26 April 2017

JS Piece

Making some progress on my Jan Stawasz project.  I started on the first round of split rings... then realised I had attached my last medallion the wrong way up!  I'm now remaking the medallion before I can proceed and finish the split ring round.



I'm slightly regretting my choice of thread at the moment... not the colour but the thread itself.  It's DMC Babylo, a thread I normally enjoy using but not this time.  I'm finding it hard to make my rings and chains really even and I now wish I'd used a thread with more body like Lizbeth.

It's going to be a nice large piece as it already measures 12in across.  

Best wishes,
Frivole



7 comments:

  1. Ah, it IS the green one I had imagined... This is beautiful and your tatting is impeccable, as always. Love it. I might just have to attempt this one next... Which book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Can't remember off the top of my head which book... I just make a photocopy and work off that. I'll come back and add the info. :-)

      Delete
  2. 12 inches is a lot of intricate beautiful tatting, each medallion must be quite small.?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle! Each medallion is 2 ¼ in wide. :-)

      Delete
  3. It is a lovely green, your split rings look good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking beautiful, pity about the last medallion but it looks so dainty. Lovely colour

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!