Sunday 23 April 2017

Blanket

We have just returned from our holidays.  On the last day I managed to finish a project I'd started during our previous holiday.  It's a crochet blanket made with Victorian Lattice Squares (design by Destany Wymore).

I bought a packet (10 balls) of the green wool with which I made 30 squares.  The blanket was not quite big enough for my liking and I didn't have any more of the green (and it was no longer available) so I decided to make a wide border.  I chose a very contrasting plum/purple for the decorative edge.  It's not quite a "violent" a purple as the sunshiny photos would suggest but a bright colour nonetheless.








It looked really pretty hanging on the washing line...

I like the effect of the light colours of the sandy ground behind
showing through the design on the photo below.



It measures approximately 1.65m x 1.30m

I don't know why but I really enjoy making crochet blankets.  I always find it very satisfying to complete a larger project like that.

Best wishes,
Frivole

10 comments:

  1. That is very beautiful, you do such perfect work and fantastic color combinations again 😄💟😄

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors and your corners are perfect. Bravo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely! I like your contrasting edging. I"m enjoying making crochet blankets too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Evan when you crochet, you make lace! It's gorgeous! If you're like me, you like to crochet /knit, because after a short amount of time, you have something substantial, instead of something the size of a quarter! For me, it's a pleasant change.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so beautiful and I really love the design!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Es ist eine wunderschöne Farbkombinationen. Ich liebedienerisch Farben.
    Eine wunderschöne Arbeit

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so cheerful. The pattern is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!