Friday 24 June 2016

Pretty Start...

Hi everyone.  I've been away for a couple of weeks.  Just got back and straight away started on this lovely design which was at the top of my list.  I was hoping to find time to tat while I was away but in the end, it was busy busy all the time so I didn't.

This is just the centre.  Will post again very soon with the rest of it.




It does cup a little but it will be fine once the design is completed.  I just thought it looked rather pretty curled up... flower-like...

Best wishes,
Frivole

7 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I wonder if you'll need to increase the long chains in Round 2 to 12 DS each. Round 2 is where most of the cupping occurs (in an effort to prevent it from ruffling once Round 3 is added). It should look like a little bowl after Round 2, but not too extreme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way the design flows. I had to look carefully to see how it was tatted. It's sort of a fool the eye pattern. Lovely tatting as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very lovely start. I know what Diane means. My first thought was clover motifs in that round immediately followed by, "but that doesn't look right." Clever idea for a slightly different appearance. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Can´t wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I get this pattern bcoz it's a lovely pattern

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!