Thursday 17 December 2015

I Still Love Squares!

…so when Sophie from "La Navette aux Bijoux" contacted me to ask if I'd test-tat her pattern, I was happy to oblige.  Isn't it nice?  I like the play of chains in this celtic design and how they wind in and out of each other.  She has made even prettier versions with beads but as I am very short on time, I tatted mine without and also to see how the size would work out as I didn't have the thread she recommends in the pattern.  You should go see the beaded versions on her blog, they're beautiful.


Not sure what made me choose two shades of grey… I should have gone for something a bit more cheerful!!  I definitely plan on trying it with beads too…. but when I have my Christmas presents done!


I wish Sophie all the best of success with this lovely design.

As always,
Frivole

14 comments:

  1. Il est vraiment splendide ! :-) ♡ Il me tente beaucoup :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merci pour ce bel article :-) J'aime beaucoup ta version bicolore même s'il n'est pas très coloré. Par curiosité, combien est-ce qu'il mesure en coton 20 ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous square motif :). Looks lovely in shades of grey :). Remind me of silver :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ein sehr schöner Entwurf. Hübsch in den Grautönen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's quite gorgeous! The greys almost look metallic and the design is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a beautiful square. The two shades of grey are so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a really pretty design! I like the 2 shades of grey you chose; they bring out the pattern well and will go with anything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like it, very pretty :) I am amazed of the versatility of tatting, it never gets boring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely square pattern, using to two shades of gray has brought out the design
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty square motif and beautifully tatted!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!