Wednesday 4 March 2015

Ninetta's Square - Quad_13

I've not been very productive in the tatting department lately.  I'm still busy working on garments.  But when I saw Ninetta's post about her square design, I had to make it.  She has a great pictorial about it on her blog.

Here's an "in-progress" photo.  I got to the end of the first part of her pictorial:


It's not a lot of tatting to show for, is it?!
Still… hopefully, it's better than none.

There's probably too much contrast between my two thread colours but I will complete this first one as is and then I'll see about making it again with closer colours.

Oh, and the sleeves of my red cardigan are proving challenging!!  I remade the first sleeve (third time) and it's still not quite right.  Grrr….

Best wishes,
Frivole

6 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are trying her pattern, I have started too many projects and feel I must finish something before I start more. Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check out Ninetta's post. I do enjoy the square motifs. Now if I could only make mine look as pretty as yours! I really like the color combo you're using. Good luck with the sleeves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I like it very much. I should learn more about colours from you all!! Beautiful shuttles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw her beautiful square pattern, I like your choice of colours, and your beautiful shuttles
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like a framed picture. I think it is great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!