Tuesday 3 February 2015

Reverse Mimosas

Hello!  It's been a little while since I posted.  Thank you so much for all the lovely comments on my previous post about the butterfly doily.  I was definitely pleased to be finished with that one.

I have not tatted very much in the last couple of weeks, only making a tiny bit of progress on this Jan Stawasz piece:


It's a little bit crumpled as it's been living in a bag and carried about a lot.  I plan to make this larger but I don't know how large yet. 

Today I found one earring that didn't have a twin so I decided to make the second one so I could wear them (they happened to match a sweater I'm sporting today).  And then it occurred to me to try them upside down and I think they're nice that way too.  So that's the way I'm wearing them now.  The weight of the pearls at the bottom instead of at the top gives them nice movement when worn.


So there you go, reversible earrings!

Best wishes,
Frivole


15 comments:

  1. Wow, very practical earrings - 2 for 1 ;-) I think they look very natural in this position.

    Your mat is spectacular !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Die Decke und auch die Ohrringe, sehen sehr schön aus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am wearing these same earrings in burgundy, and I get a lot of attention from people, which I don't dislike. Encore merci!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am loving the Stawasz, rumpled or not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wspaniała serweta , piękny wzór . kolczyki bardzo mi się podobają .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Stawasz piece is beautiful!!! :)
    Great earrings!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ihre Jan Stawasz-Decke wird wunderbar. Die Ohrringe in dieser Form sehr schön zu tragen.!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely earrings and great doily.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The doily looks a beautiful piece of tatting, i wait to see how big it will finally be,
    Lovely earrings i like the pearls in the middle.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoy seeing progress on Jan Stawasz doilies... it helps keep me motivated! I do like your earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good progress on the JS Doily.
    Lovely design of the earrings. My first thought is that it is the obvious way for the earrings to hang, until I read the reversible part.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This doily is already beautiful.
    Very nic earrings. I love the color. Like others, I thought it was the normal way for them to hang until I read your description. Neat!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely earrings. So they have removable ear hooks? Clever.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The doily/mat is lovely, especially with the zig-zag edge. It would make a nice tablecloth.
    You are right about the earrings, sometimes good things come from experimenting with patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like them that direction (earrings). slowly but surely, you will finish your Jan piece.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!