Wednesday 28 May 2014

Third Time Lucky?

Ok.  Here is the same Jan Stawasz motif tatted in Lizbeth 20 this time.  Silly me I just carried on tatting and attached the little square motif as well before I realised I should have taken photos of the motif by itself.

What I found is that Lizbeth actually works out slightly smaller than DMC Babylo.  I also concluded, in this case, that I was enjoying making this with Lizbeth most of all three threads.  So Anchor Artiste is biggest, then DMC Babylo, then Lizbeth (all size 20).




And going back to the recurring front-side/back-side versus traditional tatting debate, I tatted the cream motif using the traditional method.  Really, I can't say that I like it any less for it.  And I enjoyed tatting it more.  I do keep giving the FS/BS method a try as many tatters seems to prefer the look of it but in most cases, I revert back to traditional as I feel the effort (for me it is!) of FS/BS is not worth the little difference I see.  Yes, I know, many will disagree with me!  :-)   But that's my opinion.



Here are all the motifs I've tatted so far…
and my favourite's the cream!

I also tatted one diamond which is the motif that will fill the gap between the round ones.  Don't know where I'll get to with this but I'm off to tat a second cream motif.

Best wishes,
Frivole

8 comments:

  1. I still don't know the difference between front side/back side tatting. I still have so much to learn. Your motifs are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all pretty, and I like the 'circle' that is formed where the motifs touch. I very much like tatting with Lizbeth and haven't had problems so far. But I haven't done as much tatting as others. I agree with you about FS/BS tatting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As an old tatter I do agree with you about the FB/BS, I don't see much difference, ok I know there's a lot that won't agree with me. But like you that's my opinion.
    Lovely pattern and nice piece in the middle, it just shows that different threads are made differently.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting. I don't do fb/bs either, I can't see the point and if it's not enjoyable, why do it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't do FS/BS tatting - most folks I give my tatting to don't know the difference, and I don't care! I tat for pleasure anyway, and worrying about FS/BS is silly to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all gorgeous! I haven't had the chance to fully try FS/BS tatting yet but will one day. So far I'm enjoying tatting and trying all the wonderful patterns :).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!