Monday 24 September 2012

Simple Heart Bookmark

Inspired by Michelle's post,  I decided it was time I tatted  Vicki Clarke's Simple Heart which I had printed aaaaages ago but never got around to tatting.

I hope Michelle will forgive me but I shamelessly copied the little quatrefoil she had put on her tails as I thought it looked so nice... but they do say "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery", don't they?

I thought Vicki's Simple Heart would be a good pattern to showcase the thread which is called "Early Rising" by Karey Solomon.





Best wishes,

15 comments:

  1. Am I ever flattered!!!! : ) Of course yours looks so much nicer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Beautiful colours and pattern
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, that thread is lovely! (As is your tatting, but it always is :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just? Such subtle and interesting colour changes. I think Karey's threads are really special.

      Delete
  4. Love this!!! The thread is gorgeous and I love the bookmark! I needed something with a heart to do for six teen girls and I may just copy this idea!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a quick and satisfying tat Tattabugg, I'm sure you'll enjoy making these.

      Delete
  5. Wonderful - the tatting, the pattern and the thread. Just wonderful.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agreeing with many others - that thread is beautiful :)
    (And the tatting too!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice, both the pattern and the choice of thread!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been admiring it too! - isn't it gorgeous? - and could I shamelessly as for the directions for the quatrefoils? - is it a split ring thing?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of course you can Maureen! Yes, a split ring thing.

    Really simple: SR3-3/3-3, dnrw, R3+6-3, rw, R3+6-3, SR3+3/3+3

    I don't know if that's how Michelle did hers, but that's how I did mine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful bookmark, and the color of the thread is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!