Saturday 10 December 2011

Learning to Make Diagrams

So here is a variation of Le Flocon Frivole which I have shown you in a previous post.  This is a simpler version which is tatted in one pass.  So I had a go at writing the briefest pattern ever!


The only thing I should have perhaps noted on there is that TR stands for thrown ring and it's a ring made with the left-hand shuttle whilst the chain is going on.

My thanks to Jane Eborall who kindly gave advice and pointed me in the right direction.  I felt diagrams were lacking from my patterns so I decided to take the bull by the horns... so to speak.

Hopefully the diagram above should give you the snowflake below:

Sorry about the wishy-washy colour, it's late here and
my camera's no good with evening lighting!


And am I right in thinking that Tatcrazy and Wodentoad still haven't claimed their free Criss-Cross Snowflake pattern?  Please do let me know if that's the case.

Best wishes,



7 comments:

  1. This is super beautiful!! I can't wait to try it :D Thank You so much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another variation?! Wow! I tatted the original Le Flocon Frivole last night, now I'll tat the new one. Great diagram!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice diagram! What computer program do you use? I've been wanting to try diagraming my patterns as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jessica,
    Hope you see this reply: the program is called Easydraw and after trying a few options (the draw version that comes with my computer package for example), I did find Easydraw (as it name implies!) easier to use than the others I tried. There is a free trial version of it if you google it, and though it is fairly limited, it will still give you an idea of how it works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Frivole

    Happy Xmas in advance.
    I have been a silent follower of your blog and wanted to thank you for those nice elegant snowflake patterns many times.
    They do inspire me to create my own ones.

    BTW, I tried le flocon with anchor thread size 20 in lemon and green colors.
    The pattern came out to look like a lemon bloom indeed.
    I will share the picture in a mail to you.
    I wanted to share a few comments on this pattern.
    I hope it is okay.
    While working on the 6th wing of the snowflake we end up closing the TR 5-5 with the TR5-5 on the first wing. This join here kind of closes the motif early and makes it slightly difficult to continue with the remaining centre ring.
    The second comment I had was about the last ring in the centre. It needs to close with those rings on the either side and continue with ch 5-5. This also makes the pattern slightly difficult.
    Neverthless, technically it worked and turns out to be a beautiful motif
    Thanks again
    Best Regards
    Usha (India)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Usha,

    Thank you for your comment. I'm rushing around with last minute Christmas preparations but wanted you to know I've seen your comment but want to take the time to relate it to the pattern to give you a proper answer. I will get back to you in the New Year.

    And I'd love to see a picture! There is no email attached to your blogger account so I was unable to write to you personally.

    All good wishes,
    Frivole

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have posted the following PowerShell script to help you quickly identify if your computer has any of these four KBs installed.Italian libri PDF

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!