Monday 14 November 2011

Getting Side-tracked...

Still knitting (slowly... - well, not knitting slowly but just not knitting often enough!).  My problem is I always get distracted by other things...  This time it's my beads that had a sudden renewed appeal.  Just had to get them out and play.


Don't know what I'm going to do with these yet.
Hopefully I'll come up with a bright idea eventually.
They are made from 2in long wood beads.




I was wearing a cardigan with these colours the other day
and it inspired me to make this ring.

On another note, I was sorry to miss out on the great Oovoo tatting event (see Michelle's, Diane's and Happy Bluebird's blogs).  I tried everything to get connected but my faithful Mac let me down on this occasion.

Can't believe it's mid-November already.  I try so hard not to think about Christmas too early but it's getting unavoidable.  If I want to have some snowflakes ready for my cards, I'll have to start tatting again soon!

Best wishes,

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Some day I hope to learn how to do that. Somehow my list keeps getting longer and longer!

    I hope you're able to get your Mac to accept ooVoo for our next get-together. It was a lot of fun, and we missed having you with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed it too, I did not get Michelles e-mail as I am back and forth to the hosp re my mother, I hope to join in next time. I know what you mean about mid-november we are off on holiday next monday, it seemed months/weeks away now Mother is in hosptial its here. Shes broken one leg and dislocated the other hip, (does not do things by halfs) but they say we can go, so we are.

    Lovely beads and gorgeous ring, hope to see your finished jumper soon.
    Margaret
    sorry it was a cardigan wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pearls are beautiful. And the ring is just precious.
    Petra

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful! lovely beads and color so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the ring you created! I've begun tatting snowflakes for my cards, too, but I'm already behind!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!