Saturday 12 March 2011

Iris Handkerchief

I finished it!  Only had a few repeats left so last night I completed the tatting and then attached it to the hanky this morning.  I didn't use the crochet method for this one as the handkerchief was just too fine and I felt the crochet edging would have been too bulky and too firm a treatment in this case.  I used a fine needle and thread and an overcast stitch instead.  It really is a lovely handkerchief and the fabric is so fine it is nearly transparent.  I don't like working with white much but it seemed the best option for this pretty hanky.

The edging (my own pattern) is made in DMC Cordonnet Spécial in size 60.






Best wishes,

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I hope to get back to hankies soon. I am truly inspired by your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful - your work is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, something to treasure for years to come.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for popping by, Frivole.

    You've done a wonderful job with the handkerchief edging. Looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your white lace, it is so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! I love white hankies with white edgings. And just saw your way of adding edgings to the hankies by crocheting: great way, will give that a try too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. J'aime beaucoup votre modèle je le trouve très élégant....Plein de finesse...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is so fine and delicate work. Good job

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for all the nice comments!

    Evelyne, Bonjour, ça fait plaisir d'avoir un commentaire en français!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Je vous visite souvent et j'aime ce que vous faites ! ! Bravo pour le bracelet aussi. Je le trouve merveilleux! !
    A bientot

    Charlette.over.blog.net.over-blog.net
    Voici mon blog.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks to you, I enjoy making and gifting tatted hankies. When my father passed away I gathered all his handkerchiefs (always had one in his pocket) and began tatting around them for my sister and myself. I enjoy the plaids and block colors with a touch of lace edging. They are priceless to both of us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!